We are proud to work closely with clients that are leaders in retail, hospitality, real estate, banking, healthcare, and education. See if you can identify the client property pictured below. What a nice looking parking lot!
If you can name this place, we’ll give you a $10 gift card to Starbucks. Only the name of the property is necessary, not the geographic location. The first one to comment with the correct answer will win! Stay tuned for additional photo contests throughout the year…
Someone loves this parking lot…name the place and win!
Our Trivia Series continues with a collection of fun facts about the Rose Paving Company Special Projects Division.
- The Division is headed up by our Professional Engineer (P.E.) Larry Briar and he hails from Walnut, IL
- Unique services offered include, but are not limited to: materials testing, lighting, and underground utilities
- The Division has worked on 2 of the 4 major Chicago Professional Sports Facilities
- The SPD constructs guard shacks, baby. Remember this post?
- This Division is environmentally friendly – asphalt is reused, berms are constructed, and permeable paver bricks are laid
- The SPD has constructed a wilderness area and pedestrian corridor on a previous project, which is a landscape of regenerative systems and resources benefiting human health, ecology, and environmental stewardship
- The Division has demolished and reconstructed 210,000 square feet of parking lot at a University in Chicago’s south suburbs
- Most recently, the SPD team completed a concrete project consisting of traffic coating, expansion joint replacements, dynamic crack repair, shot crete and engineering services on a parking deck and enclosed parking structure
For more information on our Special Projects Division, click here or call us at (888) 773-ROSE!
Are you a commercial real estate professional in the Denver area? If so, plan on attending the Denver Metro Building Owners and Managers Association’s 2013 Trade Show & Conference on Wednesday, May 8, at the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. Journey into the movies during this spectacular, star-studded commercial real estate tour of some of Hollywood’s most famous films. The Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum will be transformed into a Hollywood soundstage as exhibitor booths will be converted to some of cinema’s most popular movies.
The Denver Metro BOMA Trade Show features an exhibit hall, open from 9:00am to 4:00pm, educational seminars, and networking opportunities throughout the day. The event is sure to be a “Box Office Hit!”
Be sure to stop by Booth #237 to see Rose Paving’s Denver-based team of experts and enter to win our raffle drawing. For more information on this organization, please click here. See you at the show!
Parking lots, along with roofing and HVAC, are a large capital expense and require maintenance. Just like a leaking roof or broken air conditioner, a parking lot littered with potholes will negatively impact your customers. Unlike other areas of your property, the parking lot is the very first and last encounter for your customers. If your store strives to achieve a seamless customer experience regardless of location, success depends, in large part, on the condition of your pavement. When customers leave your facility, what is the final and lasting impression they hold? If your parking lot is in bad shape, it is probably not very positive. Managing your pavement inventory and budgeting in advance for cost-effective, proactive maintenance will help ensure that all of your parking lots stay in good condition. This, in turn, reduces potential liabilities and enhances your overall store image.
For many years, the paving industry has promoted pavement management planning or PMP to help facility professionals optimize pavement maintenance for multiple parking lots. The goal has been to prolong the functionality of each structure over an extended period of time. While PMP is still an important tool for any facility manager, it alone cannot produce real-time condition reports and projected costs for an entire parking lot portfolio. An inventory management system can fill in the gaps and provide valuable benefits. With an inventory, it is possible to track pavement condition for multiple sites without even leaving the office. Furthermore, maintenance history and repair recommendations can be logged to assist with budgeting for and scheduling future preventative or structural maintenance. This article discusses four steps to implementing a proper and effective parking lot inventory management system. Read more…
Last week, our Streamwood staff hosted the BOMA Suburban Chicago Business Showcase at our branch office location. This recurring event is held at a different member building each month. Our staff and guests enjoyed food, refreshments and networking. In addition, guests learned more about concrete coatings for parking garages and warehouse floors, as well as catch basin repairs. We thank our staff and our vendors for making this event a success!